If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

- Hemingway

French men make me sick, always have done. I'm degenerate, but they are dirty with it. Not only in the physical sense either, they have greasy minds. Other foreigners may have garlic on their breath, but the frogs have it on their thoughts as well.

- Flashman

Monday 4 October 2010

Steer clear of rucks...injured again.

Beginning on Wednesday night at training, I was clearing out a ruck, – never my favourite thing to do on a rugby pitch – one boot got stuck in the ground, I got knocked back and my torso twisted through this planted foot. It wasn’t a very pleasant experience, nor was having one person either side of me as I was dragged to the physio. The initial diagnosis was not great at all: I couldn’t walk and could barely stand. So I just lay on the physio table all evening until training had finished and I was dragged to the bus and then up to the flat. Everyone was very kind and helpful. At the point I was fairly worried about what was going on with my hip, though the pills I had popped helped me straight to sleep.

The following morning I was ferried around from flat to doctor to hospital (for x-ray), back to doctor then back to flat. What the x-rays showed was no damage to the hip, but it did highlight the alarming issue with my spine which has been the cause of my repeated back problems over the years. I now own quite a cool x-ray which shows the bend in the vertebrae quite nicely, one to be framed! So with the slightly more comforting news that this injury seems to be linked to my dodgy back, I headed home. And save more trips into the Doctor on Friday and Monday morning, and the odd grocery shop, home is where I have stayed. More specifically it’s been my bed with the Ryder Cup. Can’t say I’m complaining about my predicament at the moment, if one could choose a time to be injured.....

Off to see the Osteopath this afternoon who will maybe put some bones right.

No comments:

Post a Comment