If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

- Hemingway

French men make me sick, always have done. I'm degenerate, but they are dirty with it. Not only in the physical sense either, they have greasy minds. Other foreigners may have garlic on their breath, but the frogs have it on their thoughts as well.

- Flashman

Thursday 19 August 2010

Wednesday 18th August

Today I had the morning off, then headed in for 1 o clock when our group would be training with the pros. I had read that this was a feature of French clubs and so was gutted to miss out on the opportunity to play against/with Mirco Bergamasco, Juan Martin Hernandez and so on. I’ll be looking to join them in their kicking practices soon though. Though there was an idea that I due to not being 18 yet, I wouldn’t be allowed to play even if I was fit. Humph, I trudged back to the gym. The afternoon was capped off with some physio, with the news that it might be Monday before I’m running L, and some aerobic work on the winch (a hand-bike type thing...) And just before getting on the bus I went to the shop. This mini supermarket has Racing Metro flags in the window and big life-size pictures of the players on the side. Also, they say you should never shop when hungry but I did anyway.

Ps, Racing get a crowd to their training sessions! About 80 people were milling about today. There was much autograph hunting and picture taking. I saw one little boy look at me, turning me over in his head, deciding if I was a real player he should know, and then look away and shake his head to himself. Too right, Francois Steyn was just behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment