If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

- Hemingway

French men make me sick, always have done. I'm degenerate, but they are dirty with it. Not only in the physical sense either, they have greasy minds. Other foreigners may have garlic on their breath, but the frogs have it on their thoughts as well.

- Flashman

Friday 20 August 2010

Friday 20th August

So this morning I went in for some physio and some cardio. I ran for the first time in a while and the ankle held up fine which was great to feel. Should be back to normal training on Monday. I then headed into Paris and joined Callum for lunch at a lovely Italian: Rim Ristorante... Having some time to kill, we hit the Pantheon (a church turned revolutionary monument) where a golden ball doubling up as a clock (tricky, you probably just have to see it...) demonstrates perpetual motion, something the scientifically challenged pair of us struggled to understand for a very long time. We then headed back out for my afternoon weights session while the others trained. I gave Callum a little tour around the training ground. Also met the man who I’ve labelled the ‘mentallist’ – the man responsible for mental preparation and pastoral care. Lovely chap. We then headed back a few train stops for the Stade Francais game.

No comments:

Post a Comment