If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

- Hemingway

French men make me sick, always have done. I'm degenerate, but they are dirty with it. Not only in the physical sense either, they have greasy minds. Other foreigners may have garlic on their breath, but the frogs have it on their thoughts as well.

- Flashman

Friday 13 August 2010

The Injury – ‘Mon Cheville’

So I’m injured for 8 days – no running, no rugby. We were doing a strength/power session which involved wrestling, bouncing off swiss balls, pulling tyres and flipping tackle bags, and I somehow got my ankle in a bad position and felt a twinge. Fearing the worst, I headed to the Kine (Physio), got crutches and returned the next morning to the doctor. He then sent me for an X ray and an IRM scan. This was a testing experience as I had to catch a taxi into the centre of Paris and negotiate my way around this clinic all morning moving from one waiting room to the next. Thankfully trhe results showed that the ligament hadn’t torn, massively reducing the time out. So I have crutches for a few days, several physio appointments, lots of anti-inflammatory stuff and some free time in which I should boom the upper body.

No comments:

Post a Comment