If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

- Hemingway

French men make me sick, always have done. I'm degenerate, but they are dirty with it. Not only in the physical sense either, they have greasy minds. Other foreigners may have garlic on their breath, but the frogs have it on their thoughts as well.

- Flashman

Monday 9 May 2011

Two Crocked Parisian Scots + La Classement

I had to get an MRI this morning. The French love MRI scans, or IRMs as they call them. I always take the opportunity to close my eyes and drift off, though the noise of the thing makes it tricky. There is something about lying down on this machine as you get moved in and out that reminds me of the Goldfinger scene with the laser and the impending destruction of James Bond's genitals. I asked the woman, "Do you expect me to talk?" She replied, "No, Mr Gillies, I expect you to lie absolutely still for 10-15 minutes and press this button if you have a problem".

I was sitting bleary eyed in the waiting room when who else but Hugo Southwell comes out of the MRI room with a strapped up knee, having just had a scan. I made sure he could see my Racing backpack, though given that he injured himself at the weekend playing against Racing, I doubt he was too happy to see it. There was little time for me to go over for a chat, though I could at least have given it the old ‘Huuuugoooooo’ as he walked out...

Here are the scores and quarter-final matches in the Crabos championship.

Racing Métro 23 – 12 Toulon
Toulouse 24 – 10 Bordeaux
Bayonne 39 – 14 Agen
Grenoble 18 – 12 Stade Francais
Brive 9 – 8 Tarbes
Perpignan 17 – 22 Clermont
Bourgoin 16 – 26 Montpellier
Colomiers 12 – 27 Pau

Racing Métro v Brive
Toulouse v Clermont
Grenoble v Pau
Bayonne v Montpellier

No comments:

Post a Comment