If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

- Hemingway

French men make me sick, always have done. I'm degenerate, but they are dirty with it. Not only in the physical sense either, they have greasy minds. Other foreigners may have garlic on their breath, but the frogs have it on their thoughts as well.

- Flashman

Saturday 8 January 2011

Picture Postcard, take 3

 I was overly harsh about Antony's Christmas decorations, they are actually quite impressive. This is heading down the High Street, with a H + M advert in the foreground.
 This is the main training pitch at the training ground. My ego likes training with sponsorship boards flanking the pitch, something very professional about it, suggesting that photographers are going to be present.
 The lights were off in the gym but I thought I would take the opportunity to take some photos at a time when no one would see me and think I was a creep. The advertising poster on the far wall has since been defaced using some letters taken from the pictures below. One prop now has 'fat' written across his chest and the other has a large blue phallus. 
 I can confirm that there are more than enough weights.
 So these are the words that the club lives by. I think attitude is a different word in french, often being used to describe body position going into into contact.
 Pride. 
 Humility...
 Pleasure!
 Unity.
And from the other angle. The upper section above the words is where all the cardio machines are and also where the pros get massaged. Through the windows on the bottom floor on the far wall are the hot and cold baths.


We trained well last night and so long as the weather holds out, I'm confident about tomorrow. This morning I headed into Antony where I played a Frenchman enjoying a casual Saturday morning. I sampled Antony's best and only Art Gallery, La Maison des Arts where there was an exhibition entitled 'de la Russie a Paris' which was an excellent 45 minutes and my culture for the week. It was also free, which is worth noting I think. I then bought a Midi Olympique and sat understanding a surprising amount of it with a chocolat chaud at the café de la Gare, clearly where anyone who's anyone spends their Saturday in Antony.

No comments:

Post a Comment